My daughter is now in her 5th year at school and for her first 4 years she attended after school in creche. The opportunity came in August for me to be a stay at home mum and to be honest for the first time in 4 years it didn’t scare me.
After 4 weeks of school runs here are some things that no one ever told me would happen over the past 4 weeks.
- The school runs are stressful, the traffic is awful!
- You will wonder how you ever done all you do now when you also worked 40 hours a week
- Your house is never clean
- The washing basket is always full
- Some days are lonely
- Did I say that you will constantly wonder how you done all you do now when you worked
- You will have amazing plans on Monday but on Thursday that TO DO list gets longer!
- I’ve become a better mum
- I am trying each day to reach out for adult conversation
- I am much more relaxed
- I have more patience with my daughter
- I am more mindful about my well being
Are you at home with your children? Are you enjoying it?